Monday, April 28, 2014

Finished!

Well it looks like I'm finished. I did some final sanding at 320 grit, checked everything again, and put three coats of Satin Polyurethane finish on the chair (sanding lightly between coats). It came out very nice.













And for the most important test...

It works!

I weigh around 180 lbs (81 kg), and the chair barely flexes! It's very sturdy.

I hope you've enjoyed following along with the construction. Please drop me a note if you have any questions or comments.

Rietveld Builder



8 comments:

  1. This came out BEAUTIFUL. Love your work

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! If I where interested in acquiring one of these, how can I contact you? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Привет, на что ты соединял углы ? Там же нет винтов? Просто на клей или на шпильки деревянные?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, what did you connect the corners to? There are no screws in there? Just glue or wooden studs?

      I used screws, then covered them with wood plugs.

      Я использовал шурупы, затем накрыл их деревянными дюбелями.
      YA ispol'zoval shurupy, zatem nakryl ikh derevyannymi dyubelyami.

      Delete